Friday, February 22, 2013

FAQ and Solutions of Burning DVDs on Mac


Many Mac users would like to create home DVDs including videos, music and pictures, but to burn DVDs under Mac platform would not be easy. The problems can be summed up as below and more:
1. Fail to sync all contents to DVD, like no music or no iPhoto transitions.
2. "Out of sync" problem.
3. Export to iMovie then to iDVD with very large size.
4. Have burned successfully but can't be played on normal DVD player.

FAQ of Buring DVDs on Mac

Q: "I created a Slideshow from iPhoto complete with music, sequences a timing. When I tried to burn it to a DVD, everything gets out of sync to which I have to start everything over. I've tried to do it in IDVD, and this morning to IMovie. The IMovie I may become successful, but yikes, my butt hurts from sitting too long trying to figure this out!"
Q: “I recently purchased a Macbook pro with Lion OS X. I am trying to burn a movie to disk and cannot locate iDVD on my computer. Does it not come with Lion? I have iMovie, iPhoto, etc. I tried to locate it in apps for downloading and there is nothing available.”
Q: "I have tons of .avi to watch, and I'd like to burn them onto a dvd to watch them on my ps2 hopefully, or else I'd have to plug my other dvd player which isn't very new either (3-4 years)) - but I don't know what to do for that. If you can help me that would be very appreciated :D"
Q: “I got a bloggie because I wanted to take videos of my kids but now I've discovered that I can't burn them onto DVD's. Can anyone help? How to burn videos from bloggie?”
---From discussions.apple.com

Solutions:

1. For Burning iPhoto Slideshow to DVD or iTunes movies to DVD, you have to do two things (burning iPhoto for example):
1) Export iPhoto Slideshow in a right format.
a) Go to "The File"-> "Export"-> Sideshow menu option, and then click "Export".
b) In the Export Save As pop-up, click Custom Export and choose "Movie to QuickTime Movie" or "Movie to MPEG-4", depending on which format you want.
c) Click Options to set QuickTime video and sound options, such as compression settings and filters, and then click OK.
d) Type a name for the QuickTime movie and choose where to save it on your hard disk, and then click the Save button.
2) Use a professional third-party iPhoto Slideshow to DVD Burner for Mac to help you create the best quality DVD. Here I would recommend you Doremisoft DVD Maker for Mac.
add-file
2. To burn AVI to DVD/Sony bloggie to DVD/Olympus stylus tough to DVD on Mac, you just need to do the second step as have mentioned above.

No comments:

Post a Comment